When it's time to make a critical decision, the thing we reach for first is data. Numbers, facts, anything to help us make our case or prove our decision is the right one. With data more at our fingertips than ever, it seems that making decisions should be simple. But in fact, according to my guest Nancy Duarte, that data can be distracing and can blur our communication around it – stalling decision making in the process.
The solution? Crafting and shaping the data into a story structure.
Links Mentioned in this Episode:
- Nancy Duarte – Website | Twitter | LinkedIn
- Disrupt Yourself Podcast – Episode 124: Hal Gregersen
- DataStory: Explain Data and Inspire Action Through Story by Nancy Duarte
- Disrupt Yourself Podcast – Episode 111: Brené Brown
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap…And Others Don't by Jim Collins
- Resonate: Present Visual Stories that Transform Audiences by Nancy Duarte
- Rosalind Picard: An AI Smartwatch That Detects Seizures
- Bono: The Good News on Poverty (Yes, There’s Good News)
- Scott Harrison – The Story of Charity: Water
- Al Gore: Averting the Climate Crisis
- Build an A-Team: Play to Their Strengths and Lead Them Up the Learning Curve by Whitney Johnson
- Download a free chapter from Build an A-Team