Self-love, my liege, is not so vile a sin as self-neglecting. William Shakespeare
After a ‘dare to dream' presentation last week, several women asked for my list of eight questions that I use for brainstorming. I thought you'd like to see them too.
- What do I think about when I don’t have to think about anything? When I go to the bookstore, what kinds of books do I look at? Which magazines do I leaf through?
- What did I love to do as a young girl?
- What skills or competencies have I acquired over my life, especially out of necessity rather than want? How are they transferable?
- What piece of me do I feel I have set aside? And why did I?
- What is something that I am really good at?
- What has been my biggest challenge in life thus far? Who would I be without this challenge?
- What did my parents want to accomplish and didn’t?
- Who are my heroes and why?
Soundtracks: Finding Our Voice, Telling Our Story
Play to Your Strengths