Some Takeaways from Today’s Episode:
- Some of the greatest innovators in history had ideas that were considered “stupid” because they were outside of the generally perceived realm of possibilities. When others don’t believe we can do something our inclination is to hold back, but if we want to innovate we must have the courage to do it anyway.
- It may sound cliché, but life is short—do something “stupid” NOW. Follow Gavin’s Law: Live to start, and start to live.
- Life is a tunnel, not a cave. Don’t allow fear to stop you and cause regression. Pain is like a gas, and can expand to fill your life. Recognize that you are stuck and have the courage to get “unstuck.”
- Helping others can help us see our own possibilities. Removing the emotional baggage from a situation allows us to think more expansively, and once we see what is possible for others we know that it is possible for us, too.
- Collaboration can lead to wonderful things. If someone reaches out to you, follow the digital breadcrumbs and allow your differences and mutual generosity to carry you to new heights.
Today I am excited to introduce you to Richie Norton, a new friend that I am honored to be collaborating with on the video course UNSTUCK45. Google “Stupid Richie” and you may just see his name at the top of the results—he is an innovative social entrepreneur and the author of “The Power of Starting Something Stupid,” which encourages everyone to Live to Start and Start to Live.
This podcast is a deliberate disruption to my usual format. An accelerant of managing change is being discovery driven, and in that spirit Richie and I decided to get to know each other on the podcast—asking questions, exchanging ideas, and discovering what we have in common as well as what strengths we each bring to the table. No scripts, no teleprompters, just discovery. I was surprised and delighted by how much fun I had, but even more so by how much great CONTENT came out of the process.
If you’d like a sneak peek into what Richie and I have been creating together, click here.
Hear our discussion on the podcast in the player below, or by subscribing on iTunes.
Links and Resources from the Show
The Power of Starting Something Stupid by Richie Norton
Disrupt Yourself: Putting the Power of Disruptive Innovation to Work by Whitney Johnson
Build an A-Team: Play to Their Strengths and Lead Them Up the Learning Curve by Whitney Johnson
Dare, Dream, Do: Remarkable Things Happen When You Dare to Dream by Whitney Johnson
Mindset by Carol Dweck
Come to Your Senses: Demystifying the Mind-Body Connection by Stanley H. Block