In Episode 80 of our podcast, we started a series, on our seven-point framework of personal disruption. In Episode 100, we took a deep dive into accelerant #1, take the right risks. We moved to play to your distinctive strengths in Episode 120 and then on to embrace your constraints in Episode 140. In Episode 160 we confronted battling our entitlement––the S Curve Killer. Which brings us to today, Episode 180. We are focusing in on accelerant number five, step back to grow.
This is an especially challenging point in the framework. So many of us think in linear terms. This is to be expected as it seems our entire lives are arranged sequentially. We measure time in linear terms, days, weeks, months, years – it is the undergirding framework for most of what we encounter on a day to day basis. Maybe this is why so many of us struggle to see the value in stepping back to grow. The cognitive leap it requires seems so out of step with the structure of our lives – and we ask, “How can taking a step back help move me forward?”
But studies show the power of this accelerant. At some point along your S Curve of Learning™, your growth will stall, it is inevitable, at which point the only way forward may be back. The only way up, maybe down. Join us as we unpack this powerful zig-zag approach to growth.
Listen to the episode in the player below, or download and enjoy it on iTunes. If you’re so inclined, please leave us a review!
Links Mentioned in this Episode:
- Disrupt Yourself Podcast Episode 94, Bethany Quam
- Disrupt Yourself Podcast Episode 42, Karen Carter
- Disrupt Yourself Podcast Episode 41, Vala Afshar
- Disrupt Yourself Podcast Episode 67, Carine Clark
- Disrupt Yourself Podcast Episode 86, Dave Hollis
- Disrupt Yourself Podcast Episode 38, Deb Dugan
- Disrupt Yourself Podcast Episode 101, Erik & Emily Orton
- Disrupt Yourself Podcast Episode 22, Wendy Sachs
- Disrupt Yourself Podcast Episode 176, Darrell Rigby
- Disrupt Yourself Podcast, Episode 133, Tiffany Shlain